Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Sure I like to show my boobies off for free stuff and attention, but this is ridiculous....

Welcome to the 21st century, an age of open mindedness, gender equality, and rampant political correctness that's sometimes so over-the-top it makes me want to vomit.

I am not a politically-correct person by any stretch of the imagination, nor am I a crazed femi-Nazi. But as an anatomical female with an IQ 49 points higher than my weight (at last weigh-in and last testing), I really, really, really have a problem with Wonderbra's new ad campaign.

Behold, the ad I saw the other day on a phone booth at the Eastern corner of Madison and 35th Street -





So let me get this straight....a businesswoman (which judging from her attire aside from the bra, this bimbo is obviously supposed to be) should want to buy a product that's going to make people stare so hard at her chest that they totally ignore her eyes? As if most men don't do that already? Jeez louise. I mean, there's a time (midlife crisis) and a place (MySpace) to elicit chest-ogling, but it sure as hell shouldn't be such a huge lifetime goal of the average american female that a company would be able to advertise like this and actually increase business.

I've got more to say about this, about being objectified and valued only for appearance, about being torn between letting my looks go in order to be taken seriously and doing all I can to preserve them so as not to be completely ignored, but I'm just going to leave that for another time, since I need to get my ass to the gym to make myself prettier for the menfolk. I'd say I'm going to boycott these fuckers till they develop some respect for their market, but seeing as they have yet to make a Wonderbra in a 30DD, that would be a rather pointless threat.

Typical whiney, hormonal female I am....

3 Comments:

Blogger Billychic said...

LMAO
Holy shit, you have GOT to be kidding me. What a horror show. It's bad enough that half the conversations I have with men are directed towards my chest (and that's even at Stay Puft weight); but this ad campaign just set the women's movement back about 20 years.
However, what sucks even more? We will still buy the bras because some of us had titties that require crane lifts that will make us look pretty...

Catch-fucking-22.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Metabolic Karma said...

I hope that any guy oggling that ad accidently ran into a telephone pole while doing so, and will then sue the company.

The irony is that we get pissed if they only oggle our boobs and don't notice anything else (like our eyes)...but we also get pissed if they never oggle our boobs. GOD!

Maybe it's just me. Obviously, the PR execs who ran the ad are male and socially retarded.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Jazz said...

That's just so male. You gotta wonder who they're doing these ads for.

Course, I never have had the problem of guys oggling my boobs, there isn't anything to oggle... And that's a whole other kettle of fish.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home