Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Required Reading...



If for no other reason than to air my laundry in public, I thought I would make a list of some of the books I'm reading right now, and share some of the love. I've been dieting, recovering from a breakup, dealing with "mid-thirties crisis" and really just wanting a fucking bagel or piece of pizza right now...dear god, even a glass of wine (whine?) but, instead, I cram yummy thoughts and books in my brain.

Instead of going for serious books or comics (I read a bunch over my birthday!), I'm tending to lean toward either more humorous non-fiction/fiction so I can actually laugh a little instead of sticking my head in an oven, and books that will help me with my acting and teaching its craft. So some of these titles are things I'm actually re-reading...and seeming to get more out of this time around. For right now there are no horror books on the list; I read a bunch of those while I was off of work...so...on with it:

1. A Dream of Passion - Lee Strasberg
2. Him, Her, Him Again, The End of Him - Patricia Marx
3. The Commitment - Dan Savage
4. 27 Wagons Full of Cotton and Other One Act Plays - Tennessee Williams
5. Joining the Thin Club: Tips For Toning Your Mind After You've Trimmed Your Body * - Judith Lederman and Larina Kase (thank God for galley copies)

* - Read perhaps a bit premature...considering that I have 20 pounds more to lose.

And, of course, reading a daily dose of Defamer.com has put me in good spirits again, although they have not accepted me as a commenter. Ironically (or not so, which is worse), this was posted the day after I tried posting two separate comments on the same day. Whatever, I still think Mark Lisanti is one of the most hilarious people on the planet, and like I said, I need a good laugh lately. Seth Abramovitch, who joined the writing team a little later on is also great (I suppose, because at this point I don't know who is writing what).

I just wish those fuckers would let me in on the commenter's club. I have actually had correspondence with him a couple of times over the past two years, and always write in to let them know if they fucked up a link or something. I have to think of something witty to say...other than "I'm witty, bitches! Post my comment! I know what Hilary-fucking-Swank is really like!!! In fact, half of the fucking people you guys rag on I've either met, been to their house, or know through three degrees of separation!!!"

I mean if they can even make the whole Anna Nicole thing funny despite the fact that I was one of the sentimental ones that was actually mourning her, then you know they're good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home