Saturday, April 07, 2007

Why Is It Discontinued?


I don't understand why something I love so much would ever be discontinued.
If you have never smelled the scent of Henri Bendel's Orange Flower Candle, you missed out. It's depressing for me to even say. Apparently they decided to discontinue the item, without reason. I asked everyone in all of the stores I went to. No one has a reason.

I, finally, decided to go into Long Island, NY to see if I could find one. I lucked up, they had a sampler on display. I told them I would not leave without it. After about a half an hour of explaining the lengths I've gone through to find this candle, they gave in and sold it to me at full price. That didn't bother me for I would have paid double. What makes me sick to my stomach is that I love the scent of this candle so much, that I burn it everyday. Needless to say, the wax is almost completely burned out. What do I do now???

This may seem like a small issue to you, but how would you feel if your favorite lotion, lipstick, soap, hairspray, makeup, or perfume was discontinued? Yup, that feels a little more personal now doesn't it?

3 Comments:

Blogger Billychic said...

They ALWAYS do that...no matter what company. Always make something really great...you dig it...you get hooked...

And then they pull the rug out and discontinue it and you find yourself either going way out of your way (searching ebay, etc) or way out of your pocketbook to score this item that you have come to depend on...

I feel your pain...

12:05 AM  
Blogger thordora said...

When I was a kid they discontinued my mother's favorite lipstick. She went around town to get all the testers, and used a brush to get all of it out. Now THAT is committment.

I thought she was insane, but I never like anything that much...

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My twin & i feel the same way about the sandalwood cream,body wash, ect. Another one is my amber candle. WHY DO THEY DISCONTINUE AN AWESOME SENT. I've looked for it in Houston, Austin and even when I was in Arizona and they didn't have it,BUT I was in luck with the amber vaporizing perfume. So i bought as many as i could carry. But we also go crazy with out our creams! YOU'RE NOT ALONE!!!!

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home