Saturday, September 06, 2008

My Cat Nina Has Cancer...And I'm Devastated




Thank you to all who wrote in to me about my being happy that she got through her tooth surgery, etc...and we were waiting to hear back about her ear infection/eye infection...and why it wasn't going away.

Turns out it is cancer.

I am getting xrays to see if it has spread, for it is the kind that does...but I think the battle may be coming to a close for my little girl. Diabetics don't fight infections very easily...and this illness she has is apparently very tricky.

Please pray. If you don't pray, then send good thoughts.
If anything, please send her warmth and no pain...and I just hope at this point to have another month or so with her...or as long as I can until she is in pain and there is nothing I can do. For if it's spread to her lungs and lymph nodes, which the doctors say may be the case...then I have to let my little girl go.

I got two extra years with her, and I am so grateful! So grateful! But I'm so damned angry - there is no reason at all...why creatures who give us so much love, who already have a life span that is so much less than ours (depending on who we are, I guess) have to get diseases like this.

So please send your love and warmth to a little girlie kittie who every night puts her paws on her Mommie's forehead and makes biscuits...and who scratches on the bathroom door until I let her in...who hisses at the cats but will rub noses with Chico, my dog...and who is my little baby girl.

Thank you for listening to me ramble, but I can't do much else right now except just cry, and that's bothering the pets, lol, for they're like, "Mom, wtf, you need to chill, yo..."

Certainly puts things into perspective...like my recent breakup, life questions, all kinds of things. All I know is that one of my "kids" is ill...and I don't know if I'll be able to bring her back from the brink this time. And I'm furious that I can't.

Billychic

7 Comments:

Blogger Metabolic Karma said...

Oh God, sweetheart - I'm so sorry.
You are SO wonderful to your pets...please don't blame yourself...which I know you do.

1:29 AM  
Blogger BlueChick said...

Oh, D, I'm devastated for you! My heart is with you while you and "kitty" enjoy your time together. I'm certain she knows you have done everything in your power for her. - C

8:38 AM  
Blogger Pandora Wilde said...

I am SO sorry Billychic, and am sending love and sweetness for your baby. My brother found out late last week his baby girl kittykitty has advanced intestinal cancer, and I know from how devastated he is that you must be too. Hugs to you both and scritches behind your little girl's earses and a little bit of her favorite treat too.

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post made me grab my little furball and hold him close. Sometimes I wonder why I even have pets knowing their lives are short and I will just have to go through the agony of losing them. But it's worth it, so worth it. You are a wonderful mother giving Nina every possible chance to staying kicking.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Billychic said...

Thank you so much, everyone, for your love and kind thoughts...
Little Nina is a tough chick and while she's still eating, grooming, and getting around okay, then I'll just hang out with her. I had a doctor give me plenty of pain medication to keep her as comfortable as possible without harming her more, and I'll let her tell me when the time comes to put her to beddy-bye.

Thanks again, for all of your support. Nina says meow.

12:38 PM  
Blogger ♥ KNITTING ART said...

Oh GOD! Dear Blogger - I'm so sorry hearing her story.My dear old BABY has intestine problems too but she's still eating.I'm sending love and sweetness for your baby-GOD bless them.

3:35 AM  
Blogger Billychic said...

Thank you so much, everyone. Today (well, yesterday, now that its after 12am) I put Nina to sleep and she took a travel across Rainbow Bridge, where she should be meeting up with my old dog Buddy who passed away in the late 90's, as well as my ferrets Booger, Stimpy, Rena, and Billie.

I'll post something about it perhaps later on today...right now I'm exhausted...but Nina and I both thank you for your love and consideration. I'm heartbroken, but trying to take care of my other critters who need me, too.

xxoo
d

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home