Thursday, June 22, 2006

Breaking News...

... more like Breaking Wind. Have I become such a cynical bitch that I can't help but think that every "news" story that wafts into my living room over the idiot box is some brand of political propaganda? Sure, I'm as susceptible as the next gal to the seemingly genuine grass roots flavor of journalism sported by Anderson Cooper, but dear Lord, how much speculation about "Homegrown Terror" can be presented as actual news? Although the most disconcerting fact to ponder is... why the hell can't I stop watching?!

1 Comments:

Blogger Billychic said...

Actually, depending on the person and the situation, breaking wind can actually be so much more entertaining, enlightening, and educational.

I don't doubt at all that plots to kill thousands of Americans are happening often, and that several have tried and been foiled. I appreciate the folks who have stopped anything from happening; but the news stations and government constantly reminding us that if they weren't there to inform us how fucked we almost were, we'd be really super-duper fucked...well...it's very desensitizing. It's like the boy who cried wolf meets Bob Barker.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have three friends who were hit by cars and almost died in the last year or two. To me, that is so much more real.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home