Saturday, April 14, 2007

Easter Sunday

I'm a week late on writing this post, but I wanted to make sure that I had all of my focus on this subject, and only this subject, before I posted. I didn't go to church on Easter Sunday/Resurrection Sunday. At first, I was a little upset at myself for not going. After all, I did the corporate fast with my church, Christian Cultural Center , located in Brooklyn, NY, and attended Good Friday service, where we broke-fast together as a Christian family and took Communion. That week was taxing for me, but I made it through with only a few cuts and bruises, lol.
If I went through the whole week, why didn't I attend Sunday service you ask?
Well, it's simple. I spoke to one of my best friends, who works at the church. I asked him what the crowd would be like on that specific day. He told me it was going to be ridiculous. He said that more than likely, all three services would be full. I guess that's great for church business, but it doesn't work for me. I DON'T DO LARGE CROWDS...AT ALL!!!
And, the most disturbing part of this is the hypocrisy of some Christians. I mean, all three services are packed on Easter Sunday, the last service before Christmas, and New Year's Eve. But, what about the other Sunday's? Why are they only, truly overcrowded on those particular Sunday's? I'm there every Sunday, not just those three. So, I get pissed and annoyed when I'm there every Sunday, and on those three Sunday's I have to get there almost two hours in advance to assure that I get a seat.
This is just me venting because my friend told me that I missed a great production that day. I wish things were different. I pray for change! Grace & Peace

1 Comments:

Blogger Billychic said...

I meant to go to church this year for Easter and it just didn't happen...that's really the only time during the year that my parents and I get it together to go.

I hope to make it out, maybe on some sunny day during late Spring/early Summer.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home