Friday, November 14, 2008

30 days...of...oh, never mind.

So.  Over at my regular blog, I'm doing NaBloPoMo, or 30 days of posting in November.  It's fun, but hard, because I sometimes have nothing I want to say, yeah? 

But the idea of committing to something for 30 days was intriguing to me, and I started thinking about what other things I could do daily in November.  Diet?  Nah.  Exercise?  hmm...no.  Drink wine/eat chocolate? That's a given.  And then I thought, "Heyyyy.  What about SEX?"  

I found my husband and posed the question:  "We are having sex every day for 30 days. Starting tonight."  He said, "That's not really a question" and I said, "When do I ever ask you anything anyway?  Tonight.  BE THERE."

So that night we went about our business i.e. we did it, and we said, "Wow, this will be fun!  Go us!"

The next night we did it, and we said, "Nightly sex...woo."

The third night I fell asleep before John came to bed.  He did not wake me up.

And then we just gave up.  We've been together 9 years and yeah, I love my man and think he's the bomb and he totally does it for me and everything but god DAMN that was exhausting. After TWO NIGHTS!!  I read a study of this couple who actually completed a...oh my god, if I remember correctly it was a ONE HUNDRED NIGHT challenge, and they said that although it was fun, sex definitely lost it's luster.  

There's only so many ways a normal person can contort, you know?  

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NaBloPoMo is making me tired. So would having sex every day for 30 days. I think I'll stick to NaBloPoMo. ;-)

8:13 PM  
Blogger derfina said...

Noblownomo', no?

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Derfina - Ha! Exactly.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Dianna said...

Is it just because we're getting older? Or because it's marriage? Because when I was younger and it was a boyfriend (new boyfriend, usually) or hell, especially now that I'm in my 30's...every day was/is the norm. Then is seems once you're with someone for a long period of time...or married...combined with being a little older (or the guys being older, anyway, because I dunno about other chicks, but my sex drive went through the roof after 30 - up until lately, but that's another post) then it all kinda...goes out the window and, well, you get tired after two nights in a row. LOL

I can understand. However, maybe it was the making it a duty? I dunno...I think its awesome you tried to do that.

;)

12:23 PM  
Blogger Pandora Wilde said...

No one's getting sex til the PS and I get a hotel room where only the two of us will ever occupy the damned room.

If I'm lucky, I believe that is happening this coming weekend at the anime con we're going to.

If it isn't what's happening I will beat someone with my cane, happy smile reminding bystanders that "The cane is not always a prop--remember that and glomp accordingly!" in order to disguise the PS's state of order once I find out there will be indeed other occupants in our fucking hotel room.

7:26 PM  
Blogger The Insane Writer said...

30 Days of sex... hmmmm That would be fun!!! Not sure how it would work out with our work schedule, but who knows.lol I started an official website and wanted to add your blog link. I'll do it sometime today. The site is still in need of a lot of work, but it's getting there! www.theinsanewriter.com is the addy.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home