Saturday, November 29, 2008

Mumbai--Answering the call?

Was the slaughter in Mumbai an answer to the call for Jihad from my post, "The election's over--now the Jihad starts?"

It seems an obvious "Hell yes!" to me, something I find more saddening than the murders themselves.

The US isn't the only place one finds sheeple, it seems. Extreme Muslims will kill because the wrong national leader isn't Muslim enough. I think we're fortunate that we have few extreme Christians that will kill for their beliefs.

Let me clarify: It is NOT right for ANYONE to kill for their faith--be they Christian, Muslim, or of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I'm just grateful that few Christians feel the need to kill over their faith given the large number of Christians in the US. If more Christians were extreme enough to kill for dogma, it could get mighty bloody around here.

You see, I live in a mix of Lutherans, Catholics and Methodists, with a smattering of Episcopalians and members of Assembly of God. I know of few Jewish folk in my area, so few that there is no synagogue closer than about 2 hours' drive from me. There are more Amish in my area than Buddhists.

Given this sort of religious distribution, even my very small valley town could be a slaughterhouse--if there were an abortion clinic closer than the three hours' drive that it is, Mumbai would have the potential to be repeated here.

Does this make the extreme Christians who think it's a call from God to murder a doctor who performs abortions better than the engineers of the disaster in Mumbai? Absolutely not. I could make a case for those Christians being worse, but I'm not the judge nor the jury here.

Nope.

I'm just another horrified human, looking about her world and wondering what the hell comes next as she lights a white candle for the spirits of those who lost their lives in Mumbai and those who soon could follow.

So--who are you?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger derfina said...

Amen!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Dianna said...

You know...I just saw the movie The Kingdom the other day at home, and it really made me think about how this is all spiraling into a world of shit.

There is NOTHING we can do to stop these people. And what is so...horrible...is that they honestly think that they are doing the right thing.

The only difference is - as a norm, at least 90% of our country (I'm not counting the CIA and the folks who know what the REAL body count is over there) don't go around murdering children like these Jihad freaks do. It's insane: kill women and children...but the movie really hit home some points: like when one of our men got killed Jamie Foxx says to Jen Garner to keep her from crying "Don't worry. We'll kill them all."....and when a Jihad Main Guy gets killed, his last words to his grandson before he dies are "Don't worry. We'll kill them all." -- and you can see the kid is going to grow up to become a Jihadist.

It's the dog chasing it's tail in traffic causing a 500-car pile-up. It's insanity...and I hope to God it ends...but I don't see that happening any time soon. I pray it does, though.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home