Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Shakespeare in the Park - Macbeth Does Central Park



They're doing MACBETH this summer in Central Park for the Shakespeare in the Park run that they have every year. How exciting! I'm a nut for the Bard, having taken more Shakespeare classes than I should have in college (hey, I WAS an English major after all, although my bastardization of the English language, grammar, and spelling would never let on that I had been) and having studied acting and directing for a summer in London.

Here is the info:

MACBETH
Written by William Shakespeare
Directed by Moisés Kaufman

June 14 - July 9, 2006
Tuesday through Sunday
All shows at 8:30pm!
No performance July 4, added performance July 3.
Click here for a performance schedule.


All I know is that Liev Schreiber is in it, and he's on my "I would sincerely like to pound you into next week" list. That combined with the fact that it's one of my favorite Shakespeare plays (the other being Hamlet), will most likely insure that MY ass will be in a seat for a performance. I suggest you do the same.

For more of this post, see Voodoo Jive...

1 Comments:

Blogger tovah said...

there's a Denver based theater company, the Buntport, who did an original play in fall '04 called MacBlank - an A&E biography version of a company attempting to put on MacBeth complete with curses, bad luck and a 5 menial jobbed company member.

but Moises Kaufman? got to meet him when they were workshopping Laramie Project out here. he's brilliant! should be a great production.

and lastly, my mom was a British civ major at Barnard ('62) and, like you, studied nearly every word he wrote in class. and loved it. (not typical for a Crown Heights nice Jewish girl back then)

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home