Saturday, October 14, 2006

This Bitch Is Learning How to Stitch



I'm learning how to knit! And I only slightly suck!

if anyone has basic patterns, please share - I'm such a newbie I almost impaled myself on my needles and I have hand cramps. It's been helping me deal with my vertigo stuff, though - if the room starts spinning, I focus on the knitting.

I want to make a hat but don't want to have to knit in the round because I don't know how yet...so if anyone has a pattern for that, let me know?
I am making scarves...if you are a friend who gets presents from me, then you will probably get a scarf this year...be warned...

Feel free to throw it away when I'm not looking.

6 Comments:

Blogger thordora said...

about.com actually has some good basic stuff-try knitty.com as well.

I learned a few years back, and I still suck. I prefer crochet since it's a little easier to not screw it up.

I like this yarn though!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Billychic said...

Thank you! My next thing once I get a little better at knitting, is to learn to crochet.
Actually, this is a picture I got off the net...I will post a pic of something I made once I finish it...lol...the colors were so pretty I thought I'd just post this.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Maritza said...

Hey! I'm a pretty advanced knitter! Keep at it and find someone local to help you. Maybe we should all do lunch and I'll bring my knitting one Saturday?

7:08 PM  
Blogger Billychic said...

Maritza! You are a megatron knitter? That's so cool!
I would love to - meet you and get a little shop in knitting from someone who knows a lot...
NYCBeauty is also a knitter, I think.

:)

8:40 AM  
Blogger theclassicbrat said...

Try this hat pattern http://www.purplekittyyarns.com/Knitted-Hat-Patternsae.html. Took me a while to remember the name of the pattern, but it's EASY and is not worked in the round. Best of luck ~ Tomi

1:24 PM  
Blogger Billychic said...

Tomi, thank you so much - I'm going to check it out! I'm so tired of knitting/working on scarves...lol

:)

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home